In a medical emergency, please call 911.
In a mental or behavioral health crisis, call 988.
Activities to help you take a step back, breathe, and focus on your well-being.
- Have a daily routine.
- Take breaks.
- Practice mindfulness.
- Express your feelings.
- Check in on your mental health professional, such as a therapist, counselor, or doctor.
- Walk, exercise, or go outside.
- Set a sleep routine; rest and restore.
- Meditation and yoga.
- Take deep, slow breaths.
- Drink lots of water and fuel your body with nutritious foods.
- Ask for help.
- Reach out to people you love and care about.
- Practice digital wellness – limit social media and phone usage in times of relaxation.
- Set boundaries for yourself.
- Connect with people and activities that inspire you.
- Create a retreat space in home or office setting.
- Distance yourself from unhealthy environments, if able.
- Listen to calming or relaxing spa / jazz music.
- Get sunlight and fresh air every day.
For more information, resources, and training information, please reach out to the Nevada Office of Suicide Prevention at SuicidePrevention.nv.gov.